Saturday, July 28, 2012

Proteus Semi-dry - get one!

Fourth Element Proteus - detail of the integrated bib.

This is the cold season and lemme tell 'ya, it is COLD!

No don't ask.
I know we're sissies - but when the water temperature drops below 22C, it really becomes rather unbearable, especially on the stationary Shark dive. Long story short, after years of trying to stay warm by adding an ever increasing bulk of layers, this year I've opted for my very first semi-dry wetsuit.

The choice was Fourth Element's Proteus.
David was wearing one last year and loves it, and several people I've spoken to rate it among the best of the crop. And I totally agree - once you manage to get it on that is!
In fact, it is so bloody hard there's even a donning guide - but in all fairness, once one gets the knack of it, it's rather benign and well worth enduring in view of the subsequent benefits!
Mine is a 7mil, fits like the proverbial glove, and I've been happily toasty warm ever since.

Highly recommended!

3 comments:

Douglas David SEIFERT said...

Mike, I could not agree more: the Proteus is the warmest, yet lightest (great for travel) wetsuit I have ever had. Yes its difficult to get into, but once zipped up, the cold has a hard time getting in as well. As a bonus, repeated donning of the suit has vastly improved my flexibility and range of motion. It should be called the Hot Yoga suit.

DaShark said...

The obvious question being, do they produce it in yum yum yellow!?

OfficetoOcean said...

Glad it arrived safe and sound, as you rightly say, it's an amazing suit, not only super warm and comfy but also looks cool and as we all know, that's the most important thing ;)