Monday, June 13, 2011

Behold - the Bible!


Finally!
This is what every Shark aficionado has been waiting for - for a very very long time indeed!
The Sharks of North America continues the tradition of the iconic The Sharks of North American Waters of which I own, and still consult an original 1983 copy.
Dr. José I. Castro is a fisheries biologist with NOAA and a senior scientist at Mote Marine Laboratory and this book is truly Castro's labor of love. Having heard of his meticulous attention to even the smallest detail, I particularly look forward to admiring the book's artwork. From what I hear, the drawings are simply stunning and constitute the first ever collection of one hundred percent accurate depictions of those Sharks.

Required purchasing!

PS and here's David's Angular Roughshark in action!



5 comments:

Horizon Charters Guadalupe Cage Diving said...

agreed and bought, a finely detailed account of our toothy friends, well done, well researched, and well written, kudos

OfficetoOcean said...

Nice to see the Angular Roughshark getting a spot in the limelight! :D

DaShark said...

Angular what???
Looks like we've got ourselves an intellectual here!

Anyway, I've added a video of said beast in honor of your sharky erudition! :)

OfficetoOcean said...

That's brilliant! I've haven't seen video of one of those in years!

That reminds me as well, if you have them available, we still need to watch your vids of the Graceful Shark from PNG as well when I'm over ;)

VagabondJim said...

Bula!

My copy of "The Sharks of North America" just arrived. What a magnificent book!

Wow, to call it encyclopedic would be an understatement.

Thanks for the heads up that it was coming out.


Jim